Capoeira is a Brazilian martial art that combines elements of dance, acrobatics, and music. It is a unique and exciting way to get fit and learn self-defense. However, before joining a class, there are a few things you should consider. In this blog post, we will go over 5 things you should think about before starting capoeira classes.
1) Your fitness level: Capoeira is a physically demanding activity. It requires a certain amount of stamina, strength, and flexibility. If you are not physically fit, you may find yourself struggling to keep up with the pace of the class. Conversely, if you are already quite physically active, you may find that capoeira is not challenging enough for you. It is important to find a class that is tailored to your fitness level so that you can get the most out of it.
2) Your goals: What are you hoping to get out of joining a capoeira class? Are you looking to learn self-defense? Are you interested in the culture and history of Brazil? Are you trying to improve your fitness level? Knowing your goals ahead of time will help you choose the right class for you.
3) The style of the class: There are different styles of capoeira, each with its own focus. Some classes focus on acrobatics, while others focus on self-defense or dance. Choose a style that matches your interests and goals.
4) The level of the class: Make sure to choose a class that is appropriate for your skill level. If you are a complete beginner, it might be best to start with an introductory course before moving on to more advanced classes.
5) The location of the class: Consider the location of the class when making your decision. If it is too far away from where you live or work, it may be difficult for you to commit to going on a regular basis.
Capoeira is a wonderful activity for those who are looking for something new and exciting. It has many benefits including improving fitness levels, learning self-defense, and gaining an appreciation for Brazilian culture. However, before joining a class, there are several things you should take into consideration such as your fitness level, goals, and the style and level of the class. Once you have taken these things into account, finding the perfect capoeira class will be easy!